What To Expect
For the time being, with social distancing in place and a limit on the building’s capacity, our services will look a little bit different:
- The Worship Team will lead us in worship, but Government guidance prevents attendees from singing while gathered together at The Ridgeway Centre. We encourage you to engage with the worship in other ways – singing in your head, for example, or silently mouthing the words.
- Social distancing will be practised at all times.
- Services will be a ‘touchless’ experience and all areas will be sanitised before and after the service.
- Hand-sanitiser stations will be available throughout the building.
- You will be required to wear a face-covering unless you have a medical reason for exemption.
- A one-way system will be in place for entry and exit.
- Refreshments will not be available.
- When the service ends, you will be asked to leave the building straightaway. Current guidelines do not allow for post-service social time. Please maintain social distancing outside of the building when departing the car park.
- You will need to check in using the NHS COVID-19 app. If you don’t have the app we will need you to complete a track and trace form – details below
NHS Track and Trace
- New Life Church will temporarily use your information during the COVID-19 pandemic. Although we may already have your data there are now additional reasons to collect the name and phone number of all visitors to our buildings in order to support the NHS Track and Trace service.
- NHS Track and Trace helps the NHS to quickly identify people who may have been exposed to COVID-19 in order to reduce the spread of the virus. They do this by testing anyone with symptoms, tracing those who may have been in contact with that person and then alerting those contacts that they need to self-isolate.
- We need your name, a contact number, the date of your visit and your arrival/departure time. If there is more than one person in the group, then one person can be the ‘lead member’ and only their information needs to be recorded plus the number in the group.
- We will only pass on your details if the NHS contact us to say that they need this data.
- We only keep this information for 21 days and will dispose of it after that time.
- Our capacity is limited so that we can ensure you are all safely socially distanced. To ensure that you get a seat, just book your seat via our website before you arrive. If your plans change, please inform us as soon as possible so we can release your ticket to someone else.
- Tickets will be available every week from the previous Monday at 9:00am until Saturday at 10:00pm. You can book tickets for your household and/or bubble, as well as other you want to invite. Please only book tickets for those you know are safe and available to attend.
- Booking conducted via ChurchSuite through our website. Upon arrival stewards check you’re booked in and ensure track and trace forms or NHS check-in has been completed.
- Doors will open 15 minutes before the service begins. If you haven't arrived by the time the service begins, we reserve the right to give your ticket away.
- If your booking cannot be verified and the service is not fully booked, the steward will register details and admit the individual(s). If the service is fully booked, the steward will offer for the individual(s) to wait to see if anyone fails to attend or assist them to leave the premises.
- We have created a seating layout that maintains social distancing between households and bubbles. Households need to remain together throughout the service.
- Stewards will deny access to the building once the maximum auditorium capacity has been reached.
- If you cannot attend for any reason, please cancel your ticket using the button at the bottom of the confirmation email you received.
Children and Families
- Children are more than welcome to attend but must be seated and supervised at all times. For now, Ignite Kids and 3D Youth groups are not available during the service. Hygiene
- All those attending Sundays at The Ridgeway Centre will be required to wear a face mask. We will have spares should you forget yours. On arrival you will be asked to sanitise your hands.
- Before and after the service the team will be sterilising all surfaces as well as toilets. Please note the toilets work on a strict two in two out policy.
- If you or any of your household develop a temperature, dry cough, or lose your sense of smell and taste, please DO NOT come to The Ridgeway Centre even if you have booked a ticket.
Communion and Worship
- We will be offering attendees an opportunity to partake in communion during Sundays at The Ridgeway Centre. Communion will be provided in individual sealed cups.
- Although we will have live worship, attendees are not permitted to sing or shout.
Entrances & Exits
- Please park at the front of The Ridgway Centre, as directed by a steward. Attendees will need to form a socially distanced queue outside the main entrance of the building.
- Everyone will enter the building through the main entrance where, after you’ve been checked in and followed our health & safety protocol (see hygiene section) you will be taken to your seat by a steward. At the end of the service you will be asked to remain in your seat until one of the team show you which door will be your exit. This is to reduce congestion at our entry and exit points.
- Adequate provision will be made for individuals with physical disabilities to ensure they can enter/exit our building through the designated door
- We won’t be having an offering during the service however, should you wish to give you can give online here.
Working Together To Stay Safe
- Our number one priority is safety, and we have all possible hygiene measures in place during our the service. However, If you have been diagnosed with or experienced symptoms of COVID-19, or been in close contact with someone diagnosed or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 please stay at home DO NOT come to The Ridgeway Centre.
- In addition, if you have returned from international travel or been in close contact with someone who has returned from international travel in the last 14 days please stay at home.
- We would also encourage those with underlying health conditions and those aged over 70 to consider continuing to join us online at this time.
If you have any questions please get in touch via email email@example.com or give us a call on 01908 224580 and someone from the team will get back to you as soon as possible.